Jackson Township Road Department
Assistant Road Foreman
Driveway & Road Encroachment Officer
Total Road Miles Within Jackson Township
Township Roads - 42.79 miles
State Roads - 30.32 miles
Total Public Highway Miles - 71.61 miles
Winter Weather Helpful Information
- When shoveling out the end of your driveway, deposit the snow to the right or "downstream.". This will help to avoid redepositing the snow in your driveway when the plow comes to your street. Remember it is impossible to not have snow pushed into your driveway. Please do not throw the snow from your property onto the Township Roads and Streets.
- Make arrangements to have adequate food supplies on hand.
- Keep a flashlight, a battery-powered radio and emergency equipment available in case of a disruption in power.
- Plan alternate ways to travel the main roads and to your place of employment.
- Use common sense and be patient.
- Please allow yourself additional time to travel.
PennDOT established a toll-free maintenance hotline (1-800-FIX-ROAD). The hotline is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. After hours, weekends and holiday calls are recorded by voice mail and the calls are automatically routed to the closest PennDOT District Office or County Maintenance Office.