Arts & Entertainment
- Entertainment venues such as the 1st Summit Arena (Cambria County War Memorial), Jaffa Mosque, Bryce Jordan Center, Kovalchick Center, Pittsburgh Paints Arena and KeyBank Pavilion are all within a short drive.
- Live theatre available at the Mountain Playhouse and Cresson Lake Playhouse.
- Arcadia Theatre & Palace Theatre hosts live shows and performances.
- Pasquerilla Center for the Performing Arts host a wide variety of shows, ballet and is home to the Johnstown Symphony Orchestra.
- First run movies play at several theatres in the Johnstown / Altoona area. Also several nostalgic drive-in theatres operate as weather permits.
- Nine churches are located in Jackson Township representing a wide variety of denominations.
- Many additional churches are within a 10 minute drive of Jackson Township.
Colleges & Universities
- Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is only 10 minutes away in nearby Ebensburg.
- Well respected colleges and universities nearby including St. Francis University, Mt. Aloysius College, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, St. Vincent University and Penn State University.
- Progressive Boards & Authorities working towards and promoting new growth and development
- Economic Development Team established dedicated towards assisting existing and new businesses and developers in a wide variety of areas.
- Partner and work with other organizations such as the Cambria County Industrial Development Authority, Southern Alleghenies Planning & Development Commission and JARI (Johnstown Regional Area Industries)
Garbage & Recycling
- Low cost, unlimited curbside garbage service available.
- Free Landfill Pass available to each household every quarter.
- Recycling Center at Municipal Building offers recycling of plastic, metal cans, aluminum cans, magazines, newspapers, paper and cardboard.
- Excellent health care facilities just a short distance away include Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, Windber Medical Center, Miners Hospital and UPMC Altoona.
- A large number of doctors, specialists, therapists and clinics within a short distance offer a wide variety of health and medical services.
- The Jackson Township Historical Preservation Committee works towards preserving the history of Jackson Township and invites the public to share any historical items, photos or artifacts.
- Partner with the Tri-Area Historical & Museum Society which is currently remodeling the old Liberty Theatre in Nanty Glo as a permanent museum site where the history of Jackson Township will be represented as well as several other municipalities. The museum has been appropriately named "The Liberty Museum".
- Nanty Glo, Johnstown and Ebensburg libraries are conveniently located 10 minutes or less from Jackson Township.
- Conveniently located near US Route 22, the primary east-west corridor through the region.
- 10 Minutes away from Downtown Johnstown and Ebensburg.
- 20 Minutes from Richland Township commercial and industrial area near Johnstown.
- 30 Minutes away from Indiana and Altoona.
- Less than 1 hour away from Downtown Pittsburgh.
- Community groups such as Neighbors Who Care are active in Jackson Township.
- Many groups and organizations are available to children / youth such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H, Jackson-East Taylor Little League and AYSO Soccer.
- Jackson is home to three hunting and fishing clubs for the outdoor enthusiasts.
- Recreation oriented clubs such as the ATV Club and Snowmobile Club call Jackson Township home.
- Many other groups and organizations are within a short distance of Jackson Township.
Planning & Zoning
- Planning & Zoning regulations provide for orderly growth and development within the Township and offer protection for existing residents and businesses.
- Comprehensive Plan and Master Parks and Open Space Plan currently updated.
- Ordinances are constantly reviewed and updated to reflect current laws and regulations.
- Working together with neighboring boroughs and townships as part of the Central Cambria Coalition. This includes the adoption of a Multi-Municipal Comprehensive Plan and the formation of a Steering Committee which meets monthly to address regional planning, zoning and other land development concerns.
Quality Of Life
- Jackson is mostly a rural community with "country charm".
- Close to shopping and restaurants as well as a host of activities, recreation facilities, arts and entertainment venues and much more.
- Safe and secure neighborhoods.
- Picturesque settings with beautiful views and vistas around every corner.
- Cost of living is reasonable and affordable.
- Great community to live, raise a family or spend your retirement years.
- Jackson offers four developed parks featuring baseball, tennis, basketball, volleyball, pavilions, fishing, walking tracks and more.
- The Jackson Heritage Festival is a weekend filled with top entertainment, children's activities along with a wide variety of food and crafts.
- Many local events and activities throughout the year are available including craft shows, church bazaars, fundraisers, parades, dances, and concerts. Jackson Township also sponsors many other community events such as the annual Easter Egg Hunt, Fishing Derby, Trick or Treat Night, and Light Up Night which is held at Veterans Park.
- Two public pools within 10 minutes or less offer outdoor swimming activities. Central Cambria High School offers a family swim night at it's indoor facility.
- Many recreational activities within a short drive include bowling, in-line hockey, ice skating, indoor tennis, bowling, miniature golf, driving ranges, and more.
- A wide selection of golf courses are within a 30 minute or less drive.
- Major ski resorts such as Seven Springs, Hidden Valley and Blue Knob are a short drive away.
- Amusement Parks & Water Parks such as Lakemont, Del Grossos and Idewild are in close proximity to Jackson Township.
- The Young Peoples Community Center in nearby Ebensburg offers a daily activities and classes available to youth.
- The North Central Cambria Recreation Center only 10 minutes away, offers ice skating, hockey and more.
- The nearby Ebensburg Tennis Center offers a multi-million dollar state-of-the-art facility for indoor tennis.
Roads & Transportation
- Well maintained local roads year 'round by experienced Road Department.
- Up-to-date and modern vehicle fleet and equipment.
- Easy access to U.S. Route 22 - the main highway through Cambria County.
- Major highways in the Township or nearby include PA Route 271, U.S. Route 22, U.S. Route 422 and U.S. Route 219.
- Interstate 99 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike are within a short driving distance.
- John Murtha Cambria County Airport is only 20 minutes away. Pittsburgh International is approx. 1 1/2 hours from Jackson Township.
- Ebensburg Airport is only 10 minutes away and has facilities that can handle small recreational aircraft or planes.
- 24 Hour Township Police Department performing patrols and a wide variety of duties and services.
- Pennsylvania State Police barracks are only 10 minutes from Jackson Township.
- Jackson Township Volunteer Fire Company offers fire protection and ambulance emergency service.
- Updated Police & Fire vehicle fleet.
- Township employees and volunteers trained in NIMS (National Incident Management System)
- Street lights provide safety at intersections and dangerous areas along roadways for safety.
- Central Cambria School District is well-respected in academic achievement levels and offers a wide selection of curriculum.
- Private & Parochial Schools are conveniently located to Jackson Residents including Bishop Carroll High School and the Cambria County Christian School.
- Admiral Peary Vo-Tech School is only 10 minutes away and the Greater Johnstown Career & Technology Center a short drive in nearby Richland Township.
- Jackson is one of the few municipalities in the entire region to have it's own Senior Center with over 500 members.
- Meals are provided four days a week and a full schedule of events and activities is available to those over 50 years of age.
- Computers with high speed internet are available for members to use.
- A state-of-the-art exercise room, exercise classes and a walking track are available to members.
- Sewage exists throughout a large part of Jackson Township.
- New public sewer lines being developed for growth and new development.
- Johnstown Chiefs Hockey play at the 1st Summit Arena in nearby Johnstown
- Altoona Curve AA Baseball only 30 minutes away.
- Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball, Pittsburgh Steelers Football and Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey offer professional sports less than 1 hour away.
- Johnstown AAABA Amateur Baseball Tournament is one of the most respected in the United States.
- The Sunnehanna Amateur Golf Tournament has hosted and boosted the careers of many golf professionals including Tiger Woods.
- Low taxes without an increase in over 25 years make Jackson a desirable place to live and do business.
- Many local attractions including the Johnstown Inclined Plane and Flood Museum.
- In the heart of the Alleghenies Region and near the Laurel Highlands area as well.
- Close to State Parks, Amusement Parks, Trails, Golf Courses, Shopping, Historical Sites and various Recreational Activities.
- Dedicated park to honor veterans called Jackson Township Veterans Memorial Park in Vinco.
- Veterans monument and flag plaza erected to honor all Veterans of the Township.
- Memorial Day & Veterans Day Ceremonies are held every year at Veterans Park.
- Public water exists throughout most of the Township.
- New public water lines being developed for growth and new development.
- Water lines in Jackson Township are inter-connected with other water systems in the area for back-up sources in the event of an emergency.